Thursday, October 28, 2010

Shopping Carts and Stockings


“Your No One Until Your Talked About”-Gossip Girl
It was a perfect fall day… well almost perfect. The air was cool and crisp and the sun was out; not a cloud in the sky. A perfect day for leather shorts and stockings! Or at least I thought so?
After searching every single Halloween store in Bowling Green for the perfect costume I return home with only frustration. However, even though the shopping trip seemed to be a complete failure (waste of time, gas and a beautiful day) I wouldn’t call it a complete loss. I did quite a bit of window shopping (seen several items that must be purchased a.s.a.p), turned a few heads and raised an eye brow or two without even putting forth effort.
(Random Photo From Tumblr)
Most Memorable Moment of the Day: Wal-Mart
While in Wal-Mart buying cat litter a man walks up to me and asked, “ Are you dressed up for Halloween or do you always dress like that?”
 Seriously?
I have on a normal outfit: leather high waist shorts, an H&M plum colored tank, black stockings, black wedge ankle boots and an oversized cardigan.  So maybe I was over dressed for Wal-Mart? But it’s not like that’s the only place I had gone. (Ok. Ok… Sometimes I do dress obnoxious when I know I’m going there just because I know it drives people crazy! But this wasn’t one of those days!) After shooting him a death stare and fanning through the pages of a magazine I kindly reply, “I’m always dressed like this.”
 He then gets that shocked deer in the headlights face and says, “Oh, I thought you were just masquerading around.” As he runs off awkwardly.  
It amazes me how someone could think it’s totally ok to leave the house in your pajamas but insane to wear a fabulous pair of heels to the super market.  
I’m so tired of seeing women out and about looking like they just rolled out of bed. Especially, when its 5 or 6pm. Seriously? Shower and Brush Your Hair. It only takes 5 minutes to apply minimal makeup like mascara, blush and lip gloss. Oh BTW, and it takes just as much time to slip on those house slippers as it would a pair of killer heels, ballet flats or a great pair of boots. And for the record Pajamas are for bedtime not for running errands, shopping and going to lunch. It’s NOT OK nor will IT EVER BE!  I understand you work (all of us do!) and some of you have kids, but honestly foregoing a few minutes to take care of yourself is unacceptable!
Lesson #2: The road to happiness and glamour is bound to be strewn with empty candy bar wrappers & lazy rest stops. For each challenging change, do an easy one. Fix your Hair then Fix the World!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails